Targetting .NET 3.5

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Hi there,

I got citeproc-js running inside smnet - amazing port you have done here.  Unfortunately, the application I want to build targets .NET3.5.  After playing around with trying to retarget the c++ dll, I see that smnet is using some of the new linq expressions stuff - although I have no idea how deeply this use goes :-)

What are the chances that there will be a 3.5 targetable version ever?

Thanks, Jimme

Developer
Aug 4, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Yes you are correct, it uses Expression Trees to dynamically bind to delegates. One suggested fix would be to replace the expression trees with DynamicMethods which I'm pretty sure have been supported since .net 2.0. I will look at this as a possible solution so as to provide multi-framework support.

Developer
Sep 6, 2011 at 7:48 AM

As previously discussed, I have done extensive research in replacing the Expression trees with DynamicMethods. Uploaded a working build this morning, version 1.6 can now be compiled on .Net frameworks v2.0 and up!

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Epic stuff - I will have a look over it later this week.  Out of interest, I see that the licence you are using is the Singleton Development License.  I am considering using this in Qiqqa.com, a free tool to help students manage their research.  Who do I need to ask permission to use it in Qiqqa?

Thanks,

Jimme

Developer
Sep 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM

According to the Singleton Development License you're free to develop any non-commercial product in source or binary form. You are also allowed to use the code in research and development of commercial products.

As stated: Research and development for eventual commercial use is not "Commercial Use" so long as a commercial use license is obtained prior to commercial use.

Derek is the original project owner, however I took over the project a while back and have been working solo ever since. I would be the one to come to for commercial licensing, however, I implore you to use the development license to your advantage and request a formal commercial license when you're ready to launch. My email is on the home page if you need to contact me directly.