Licensing

Topics: User Forum
Apr 25, 2007 at 10:16 PM
I am confused by the different licenses for SpiderMonkey and SpiderMonkey-DotNet. It seems to me that SpiderMonkey is triple licensed under the MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1. Meanwhile, SpiderMonkey-DotNet is licensed under a custom license that makes no reference to the above licenses, and is distributed without SpiderMonkey.

I'd appreciate guidance as to how these licenses are intended to interact in this case.
Coordinator
May 23, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Martin,

As I understand it SpiderMonkey itself is LGPL, so it can be redistributed with non-free or open source programs/libraries. The basic SpiderMonkey-DotNet stuff has been LGPL'd also so this is obviously compatible. The developer's license I have stamped on the rest of the functionality doesn't grant any rights to redistribute, and so the SpiderMonkey license doesn't really matter to the user as long as I am in compliance.

MartinHarper wrote:
I am confused by the different licenses for SpiderMonkey and SpiderMonkey-DotNet. It seems to me that SpiderMonkey is triple licensed under the MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1. Meanwhile, SpiderMonkey-DotNet is licensed under a custom license that makes no reference to the above licenses, and is distributed without SpiderMonkey.

I'd appreciate guidance as to how these licenses are intended to interact in this case.